Re: cups problems in bullseye

Hello,

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 04:31:55PM -0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2021-12-14, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sun 12 Dec 2021 at 11:14:37 (-0800), Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Andy, plz remove your PM when posting to debian-user, firefox makes
> >> it very difficult to put the list address as the To: without starting a new,
> >> blank msg. It puts the list in the Cc: box and will not copy/paste it
> >> to the To: box w/o stripping at the @.
> >
> > What's a PM, and where is it? (There are too many meanings for me
> > to guess which one applies here, even while examining Andy's posts.)
>
> My guess is personal mail. But who's Andy?

I think he's referring to me, since I was one of the first people to
respond to his CUPS questions (plus bonus conspiracy theories about
Apple), and his response came directly to my personal email not the
list.

As usual I struggled to understand what Gene is asking for but I
parsed it as something like, "I have no idea how to send email with
Firefox such that it goes only to the list, not to you directly, so
can you help me by not including your own email address?"

Which still makes very little sense to me, but this is nothing new.

As far as I can see no one needs to change how they are sending
email to this list, Gene just needs to learn how to work whatever
mail software he is using.

Cheers,
Andy