Re: LXQT desktop environment hangs?

On Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021 at 09:14, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> If at all possible, that system would benefit greatly from moving the
> system to an SSD.

I do have one system with an SSD and these drives do have an incredible
positive performance impact.

With respect to the system I have been referring in this thread, I'm
sure replacing the drives with an SSD would help the system but this
would cost money and, more to the point, this system is scheduled to be
replaced in the near future by a much newer (albeit not new: 4-5 years
old) system.

If it were a big issue for me, then the cost could be worth it, of
course, but it's not really.  I only posted earlier in the thread as a
data point on what things can slow desktop environments down.

Thank you for your suggestions!
--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.1 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.1