Re: cups problems in bullseye

On Mon 13 Dec 2021 at 08:44:44 -0800, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec, 2021 at 9:35 AM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Let's try a driverless network solution. OK with you? Please give the
>> output of 'driverleess'.
>
> ipp://Brother%20MFC-J6920DW._ipp._tcp.local/
>
> That's the crippled, incomplete, extremely slow version, USB-2 is many times faster.

It is probably best we part company at this point. You have rejected my
direction of travel in advance of any help to be offered and do not want
to follow it.

> I finally got two versions of it's profile running yesterday by re running the
>
> installer from brother, which downloaded and installed 2 of the 6 files, new
>
> and improved, as of Dec 6th, and except for the speed, a bit slower than the
> stretch versions but tolerable. So duplex now works as does paper tray selection.

Everything is under control. Try to keep it that way.

Incidentally, your prejudiced remarks about Apple were (at best) on the
misleading side. Debian CUPS does not use Apple's repositories.

--
Brian.