Re: brave browser cannot print.

On Sun 12 Dec 2021 at 18:11:55 +0000, Tim Woodall wrote:

> I've installed brave-browser but it cannot print. I get:
>
> "The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Check
> your printer or try selecting another"
>
> This machine is using cups. The printer is on a remote host. Everything
> else seems to work, openoffice, firefox, chrome. Just brave having this
> problem.

Looks like a problem with Brave and not the printing system. The remote
host is running CUPS? What is the make and model of the attached printer?

> Anybody got any ideas? I'm using xfce on buster for this at the moment.

Please give 'lpstat -t' and 'lpinfo -v' on the client machine.

Does the Brave print dialog have a "Print using system dialogue..."
entry in its settings?

--
Brian.