Re: Mate desktop environment: anything akin to update-notifier

Le dimanche 12 décembre 2021 à 18:01 +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de a écrit :

[...]
> I'm not looking for something doing the updates automatically (in the
> kind of unattended-upgrades, for example). The user in question would
> like to manually trigger the upgrades, to be aware of possible issues
> after it.
[...]

Hello Tomas,

 Both Peter & Lee have suggested more pertinent (GUI) options for an
ordinary user but for the record, either unattended-upgrades and cron-
apt can be configured to automatically update but let the user/admin
manually upgrade if she/he whishes so (it's not the default nowadays in
Debian with unattended-upgrades but I think this is still the default
with cron-apt).
 Installing apt-listchanges and apt-listbugs can help prevent problems
with automatic upgrades: the former warns by e-mail of configuration or
usage changes in a package, the latter can block a bugged upgrade until
the bug is fixed or the user/admin decides on upgrading because a
particular bug does not bother her/him.

Cheers :-)