Re: bullseye fusses

On Sun, 12 Dec, 2021 at 5:03 PM, peter@easthope.ca <peter@easthope.ca> wrote:

To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: peter@easthope.ca
   From: Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net>
   Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2021 18:11:28 -0800
> Several bullseye problems:
>
> #1: I have yet to get the new kmail to receive or send an email.
> I could use some help there as I am forced to use FF as webmail.
> And AFAIAK, its busted for that.

Will a MUA in this list work?

Oberon mail is bulletproof in Debian 11, 10, 9.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon/A2#Email_2

But doesn't have Imap sending support, and imap is the only protocol that allows the receiving client to delete fetched mail. Since fetchmail does support imap and procmail can put the filtered results anyplace you tell it, that leaves sending, which it uses something else for.  kmail5 has finally talked to the smtp am of dovecot to obtain
what it likes but a msg then sent went into a black hole but didn't get  put in sent-mail.

> #2: I just got a msg from amazon that is other than the amazon lowercase logo
> in the top-left corner, is an otherwise blank page that has no horizontal
> scroll bar, and takes around 2 minutes to load when I select it. FF bug?
> DIIK. But it is a $1000+ purchase intended for a Christmas present
> so this needs resolved quickly.

That got solved when I asked FF for printer ready copy, so that has been taken care of.

Phone them?

Love to, phone number please?

> What do we ALL do for cups support now?

That got posted after I got 3 bounces from their server claiming no such
address.  Yet I am supposedly subbed there, for probably close to 20 years.

Its going away at some point was mentioned on that list as happening
"sometime in the future" several months ago, and traffic has been very
sparse since.