Re: Mate desktop environment: anything akin to update-notifier

On 12/12/21 9:01 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
Hi,

is there anything in Debian's flavour of the Mate DE which notifies
the user of pending APT updates?

I use package-update-indicator

I don't care for the default so I set the command for installing updates as synaptic-pkexec

I'm not looking for something doing the updates automatically (in the
kind of unattended-upgrades, for example). The user in question would
like to manually trigger the upgrades, to be aware of possible issues
after it.
not something I desire, so I never hunted for one

My search engine fu is failing me miserably here.

Thanks for any hints, cheers