brave browser cannot print.

I've installed brave-browser but it cannot print. I get:

"The selected printer is not available or not installed correctly. Check
your printer or try selecting another"

This machine is using cups. The printer is on a remote host. Everything
else seems to work, openoffice, firefox, chrome. Just brave having this
problem.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm using xfce on buster for this at the moment.

I've been using firefox, and it's predecessors, for as long as I've been
using the web. But with 78 esr being EOL and me using umatrix to control
the web I'm seeing what else is out there.

Looks like brave doesn't have any way to set the proxy - so it's not
going to work for me on android[1]. Not a debian question but does anyone
know if there are any browsers that still allow setting the proxy,
particulary on android?

Tim.

[1] I don't use android much but the OS is *incredibly* chatty to the
outside world[2]. The best way around this I've found is to block all
direct connections and only allow connections via a proxy. But adding
the proxy at the system level will (presumably) defeat this. One of my
frustrations at the moment is all of this https everywhere, DNS over
HTTPS etc are making it harder and harder to keep track of what is
talking *outbound* that you do not want/approve. And once you can
establish an outbound connection it's trivial to tunnel connections back
the other way. Currently I'm using SNI peeking using squid to block and
log some of what is going on too but I feel as though I'm losing control
:-(

[2] Perhaps everything except debian is. Firefox certainly is, I have a
list of domains that firefox wants to chat to that I block too. Haven't
started looking at what brave is doing yet...