Re: strange problem with usb wifi adapter

Thanks to all that reply!

David is right, lsusb:
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 148f:7601 Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7601U Wireless Adapter

i do some interesting test, am able to reproduce my problem,
it reaffirm my suspicion that it's related to power cutoff,
something i can't explain because of my limited hardware knowledge

i think my adapter uses mt7601u.bin in /lib/firmware
i remove firmware-misc-nonfree, wifi works even after reboot
though /lib/firmware/mt7601u.bin is gone

then i shutdown and unplug power cord and wait for half minute
i  plug power cord and boot, same problem arise
 lsusb can list my adapter, but "ip link" doesn't show it
and i have to install firmware-misc-nonfree to solve it

PS: i will leave home soon and return 12 hours later