Re: Debian and FSF docs

On Sat, Dec 11, 2021, 1:39 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 10:09:39PM -0600, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2021, 6:40 PM Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> wrote:

[...]
> That I agree with. And it mirrors the earlier FSF/linux-kernel "labeling"
> friction. But I never saw that as a Torvalds vs. Stallman conflict as many
> presented it,

...even our little corner of the world gotta have its yellow press ;-)

It's not just yellow press. The American approach to any public issue is to turn it into a personal contest between individuals. That's for one reason only: so we can ignore the real larger issue, and make sure we never solve it.

Cheers