Re: losetup: cannot find an unused loop device , kernel config of loopback device

On Fri, Aug 06, 2021 at 09:48:29PM -0700, Colin Williams wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> In hindsight after looking at this much too late there were many
> mistakes in my initial mail. The issue may or may not be debian
> related and involves at least analyzing the script. There is a claim
> in the documentation that
>
> Then I'll make another attempt to further expose my ignorance.

[...]

I've rather the impression that you are trying to kill too
many birds with one stone :)

And, to be honest, I don't feel like debugging some random script
off github :-)

Why don't you first try to find out whether (a) loopback is working
on your running machine and (b) not all of your available loopback
devices are exhausted?

I think I posted some proposals already here [1].

Cheers

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2021/08/msg00248.html

-- t