Re: OFFLIST: Gnome desktop removal messed up machine

Steve,
Thx for the tip.
I'll test Devuan a bit later;
so far it looks all doable in Debian i386 Xfce i686 pae chosen (under "Advanced" in startup) with some Gnome packages added. Cos I must work, too, with what I have now.
I am grateful a 14 year old Mac can work as good as this does; looking good, & solvable issues.
BR,
Gunnar