Re: Problem with Grub

On 19/06/2021 13:19, William Lee Valentine wrote:
I have now another 64-bit computer, running Windows 10, whose BIOS
provides the option of booting from a USB device. If I install Debian
10.2 in a partition on this computer, would I tell Grub to make the
partition bootable? Would Grub instead install itself on the master boot
record anyway, allowing only Linux to be booted? I can not afford to
lose access to Windows 10 again.

You probably need the os-prober package installed so that other OS's are detected and included in the boot menu.

--
BOFH excuse #206:

Police are examining all internet packets in the search for a narco-net-trafficker

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br