Re: Thunderbird problems

On 15.06.2021 06:46, Robbi Nespu wrote:
On 6/15/21 6:24 AM, Frank McCormick wrote:
The latest version of Thunderbird which was updated recently is giving me problems connecting to gmail.

How can I downgrade Thunderbird on this machine? I am running
Bullseye

Let me guess, you unable to connect imap and smtp right? I having that kind of issue.

$ apt-cache policy thunderbird
thunderbird:
  Installed: 1:78.11.0-1
  Candidate: 1:78.11.0-1
  Version table:
 *** 1:78.11.0-1 500
        500 http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
Just FYI, I have the same version of Thunderbird installed, except it is from Buster.
thunderbird:
  Installed: 1:78.11.0-1~deb10u1
  Candidate: 1:78.11.0-1~deb10u1
  Version table:
 *** 1:78.11.0-1~deb10u1 500
        500 http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I didn't had any issues with Thunderbird before and after update. It works normally as usual.
I think, the root cause for this issue could be elsewhere. I would suspect "libc" version difference in Bullseye, or something else.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org