Re: Preserving locally modified configuration files - Dpkg::Options --force-confdef & --force-confold not working on command line

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 2:34 PM Jaikumar Sharma <jaikumar.sharma@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In debian 9.13 server, i'm using custom configuration (locally modified) file /etc/samba/smb.conf , I do not want to upgrade this file and retain the old configuration file without prompting during automatic upgrades  but it is still giving me the prompt even after specifying on command line :

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confdef -o Dpkg::Options::=--force-confold -y --allow-unauthenticated

Still prompt/complain about locally modified configuration file, as per documentation it should work.

and

I've also tried to put these below command in a config file under /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/50-unattended-upgrades :

Dpkg::Options {
  "--force-confdef";
 "--force-confold";
}