Re: Thunderbird problems

On 6/14/21 9:46 PM, Robbi Nespu wrote:
On 6/15/21 6:24 AM, Frank McCormick wrote:
The latest version of Thunderbird which was updated recently is giving me problems connecting to gmail.

How can I downgrade Thunderbird on this machine? I am running
Bullseye

Let me guess, you unable to connect imap and smtp right? I having that kind of issue.

$ apt-cache policy thunderbird
thunderbird:
   Installed: 1:78.11.0-1
   Candidate: 1:78.11.0-1
   Version table:
  *** 1:78.11.0-1 500
         500 http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages
         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

with setting up few thing below, I can see it said unable to connect to imap..

$ export MOZ_LOG=IMAP:5,timestamp
$ export MOZ_LOG_FILE=/tmp/imap_thunderbird.log
$ thunderbird
$ tail -f /tmp/imap_thunderbird.log # on separate terminal

I give up to check further so, I clear up the account (keep data) and re-add the account and sync from start again. Now I can use...to connect and see my email, but failure when sending out email. it have smtp issue too (change MOZ_LOG=SMTP:5,timestamp).. the remove the account and resync for second time, look resolve my issues

what waste of bandwidth for today

I downloaded he generic 64 bit version of Thunderbird from the Mozilla website and set it up in my home directory. Works fines, connects everywhere so obviously the problem is with the Debian build of Thunderbird.
I filed a bug report with Mozilla. Perhaps I should do the same with Debian?

--
Frank McCormick