Re: Server setup

Hi,

>> I have a choice of OS and it does a great job running Debian Buster.
>> But...
>>
>> The "standard" installation give me one partition in RAID mirror ( 3 x 2
>> To). So I get only a big root partition and nothing else....
>>
>> I don't have access to my server with a KVM, so all has to be done thru
>> the network using a recovery (rescue) option. That is, I was able to
>> reboot in rescue mode, use debootstrap to populate a new system.
>>
>> Where it did fail was for the reboot.
>
> Hi Polyna-Maude,
>
> I didn't understand what you problems were. Using GPT partition table
> with BIOS (not UEFI) is just fine therefore you have "BIOS boot"
> partition for the second stage of Grub. If you have problems with
> partitioning or other part of initial Debian installation I recommend to
> ask OVH's support. In the past they had wizard where you can configure
> partitions. ... and don't forget to configure IPv6, according to
> statistics provided by Google, 1/3 of their users use IPv6.
>
> Kind regards
> Georgi

If you read the part of my message I've left you'll see that :

1st, I'm using a OVH server but it's provided by one-provider, so the
interface (aka Wizard) ain't the same.

2nd, I am asking how to do something using command line interface. So
don,t tell me "Hey dude, use a wizard".

3rd, regarding contacting tech support. You really think it's OVH's job
to explain to me how to install OS using network boot and a shell
interface ? I doubt....

Just a little hint for life... If someone is telling you, I'm fucked
using a CLI and they seem to have a basic knowledge of what they are
doing. Then think twice and you'll get in your mind that they've already
exhausted the easy one of using a click and poop solution like a wizard.
--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside