Re: Debmirror

On 6/5/21 1:34 AM, Polyna-Maude Racicot-Summerside wrote:
Hi !
I've did a mirror with debmirror.
All seem good when I look at the folders and files.
But when I do apt-update it complains about contents-amd64 file missing !?

Got some ideas?

I don't recall that you've ever mentioned why you want a mirror so this suggestion may not be appropriate but I have used approx for a number of years now with great success:

Approx is an HTTP-based Debian archive server.  It fetches packages from remote repositories on demand, and caches them for local use.

Approx saves time and network bandwidth if you need to install or upgrade Debian software for a number of machines on a local network.  Each package is downloaded from a remote site only once, regardless of how many local clients install it.  The approx cache typically requires a few gigabytes of disk space.

Approx also simplifies the administration of client machines: repository locations need only be changed in approx’s configuration file, not in every client’s /etc/apt/sources.list file.

http://www.debianadmin.com/upgrade-multiple-debian-systems-with-approx.html

Sincerely,

CMR

Linux distribution Debian 10.3 "Buster"
----
“If you want total security, go to prison. There you’re fed,
clothed, given medical care, and so on. The only thing lacking … is
freedom.” ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
------