Re: Slightly off-topic: anybody know of a way to keep one's Debian User List posts from failing DMARC?

James H. H. Lampert wrote:
> Please excuse the off-topic post, but I'm hoping this has come up with
> others here:
>
> I've been tasked with implementing DMARC on our domain. And I'm told that
> the Debian List Server doesn't rewrite "From" headers for DMARC-enabled
> senders, and neither does it do anything else to handle DMARC-enabled
> senders.

DMARC is one of many factors your mail servers need to consider
when deciding whether to accept, bounce or silently drop a piece
of mail.

It is perfectly reasonable to set DMARC as a strong but not
overwhelming factor, and then to write allow lists based on,
for example:

which is a pretty good representation that this is Debian mail.

So good, in fact, that RFC2919
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2919

suggests it.

-dsr-