Re: Kernel panics on boot with fresh testing install on ASUS UX501J notebook

On Ma, 08 iun 21, 12:05:21, Thom Castermans wrote:

>   - Installed non-free firmware (used the unofficial image [1]) during
>     installation and installed the intel-microcode package after installation
>     in an attempt to fix the error displayed in [4] ("[Firmware Bug]:
>     TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata: please update microcode to
>     version: 0x22 (or later)").

As I recently learned here, just using the non-free firmware image
doesn't install all firmware that might be needed.

Unless you already did that you should check dmesg for other missing
firmware and install it.

Hope this helps,
Andrei