Re: pppoe performance on debian and debian as router / firewall

On Sat, Jun 05, 2021 at 08:07:56PM +0200, Antonio wrote:
The problem is my ISP uses pppoe for my symmetric 1 gbps connection and I know
this type of connection requires a quite performant cpu, as it is
single-threaded and uses only one cpu core.

That's not correct for linux kernel mode pppoe; it's a major limitation for many popular freebsd-based firewalls, but that's an implementation issue not a law of nature.