Add /dev/disk/by-id path to mdadm error emails?

Hello all,

I have setup mdadm to email me when disks in one of my RAID arrays fail. Unfortunately the email messages only contain the device as /dev/sdb1 which does not give any hint which of the four identical disks in the array is the affected one.
As /dev/sdb1 is only a symbolic link to a device in /dev/disk/by-id and that device contains the serial number of the disk, I was wondering if there is a way to add the /dev/disk/by-id information - or just a ls -l /dev/disk/by-id - to that email that would allow me to see which disk really is the failed one?

Best regards,
Reiner