Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?

On Vi, 04 iun 21, 02:03:10, Stella Ashburne wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> > Sent: Friday, June 04, 2021 at 4:18 AM
> > From: "Tom Browder" <tom.browder@gmail.com>
>
> Don't get me wrong Tom. I'm perfectly fine with receiving emails in
> HTML format. It's just that a few years ago, when I sent emails with
> HTML formatting, Debian User Mailing List rejected them outright. It
> took me quite a while - about at least two months - trying to figure
> out why my sent HTML-formatted emails were rejected.

As far as I know the list only rejects large-ish attachments. A small
screenshot, output of 'dmesg' or compressed logs should go through
(though not necessarily a good idea).

> > This time i'm replying from my laptop so it **should** be plain text.
> >
> I am OK as long as Debian User Mailing List now accepts HTML-formatted
> emails.

HTML mails are possible, just frowned upon, especially if they don't
contain an equivalent text part (which would make the html part
redundant). Most readers will have their mail client configured to
display the text part (only).

Kind regards,
Andrei