Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?

Hi Tom

> Sent: Friday, June 04, 2021 at 4:18 AM
> From: "Tom Browder" <tom.browder@gmail.com>
> To: "Stella Ashburne" <rewefie@gmx.com>
> Subject: Re: How do I permanently disable unattended downloads of software/security updates?
>

> Unfortunately I mostly use email from my iPad (gmail app) and I
> haven't found a way to get plain text on it like one can from a real
> computer. Sometimes I go to my Linux laptop and force plain text, but
> normally I try to strip out what I can.

Don't get me wrong Tom. I'm perfectly fine with receiving emails in HTML format. It's just that a few years ago, when I sent emails with HTML formatting, Debian User Mailing List rejected them outright. It took me quite a while - about at least two months - trying to figure out why my sent HTML-formatted emails were rejected.

> This time i'm replying from my laptop so it **should** be plain text.

I am OK as long as Debian User Mailing List now accepts HTML-formatted emails.

Stella