Re: About Terminal on Buster

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 06:47:04PM +0100, mick crane wrote:
> > Is there not a program required to do that mouse, click, drag, select ?
> > I recall with various installations that worked then it didn't and it
> > worked after installing "g something something"
>
> It might have been "d something something" with a g in there. Was definitely
> 3 letters and began with a "g" or a "d".

No, there is no separate program required to do standard mouse-based
X11 copy/paste.  It's absolutely fundamental.

Install xterm if you haven't already, and then run it.  Inside the xterm,
highlight something with the mouse, and then click the middle button,
and it will paste the thing you've selected (assuming you haven't left
your shell, or put your shell into a nonstandard mode).

I don't know what you're thinking of, but it was probably unique to some
set of applications you were using at the time.