OT: alpha-offset format (was Re: pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled ...)

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 Albretch Mueller wrote:
[dd]

about the alpha-offset encoding, please, givie me some time to answer
your questions,

Of course. Whenever. No hurry.

write up the idea more fully, clearly

I won't discourage anyone determined to explain the tools of their
specialty to the layman. That would be very cool of you.

But a pointer to some description/specification of such a format would
work too, if that turns out to be convenient.

and I think we should probably start a new thread to discuss it

Heh. Probably true.

--
Ce qui est important est rarement urgent
et ce qui est urgent est rarement important