Re: Firefox HTTPS-only mode breaks sites that return 404 for HTTPS connections

On 15/04/2021 03:15, Celejar wrote:

It certainly works fine for me. I use https only mode for many months
now. Can you bring an example of a page which returns good page on http,
but 404 error on https?

http://www.daat.ac.il/
https://www.daat.ac.il/

Celejar

Their webserver is misconfigured. AFAIR, if they don't support https,
their server should redirect to http page. Instead, they throw 404 error.

Your web browser behaviour is as intended, everything is fine.
If webadmins of that page don't know their sh*t, are you sure you want
to use that website? Who knows what else they forgot to implement.

Disclaimer: I never worked in IT, all self taught, but I have webpage
which I put up myself on Debian computer, with https cert (it's free),
TLS 2.0/3.0 only, PFS, HSTS preload with long duration, OCSP stapling,
top spec security. These guys? They can't even redirect to their http page.

--

With kindest regards, piorunz.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org