pci 0000:00:01:0: MSI quirk detected; subordinated MSI disabled ...

 is the error message I get when I try to start a PC based on an MSI
motherboard, with both Debian live an Knoppix (which is a bit more
flexible about start up options)

 How can I get passed that error in order to be able to use and
install Debian live or Knoppix?

I have tried a number of options such as acpi=off combined with some
other ones as well as read the MSI-HOWTO.txt

 https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/v2.6.28/source/Documentation/PCI/MSI-HOWTO.txt

 on which they talk about "MSI quirks" on chapter 6th, but I can't see
the relationship with booting Debian Live, so I I haven't been able to
fix that problem.

 lbrtchx