Re: TDE Bug: what package responsible

John Hunter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [ 952jmdh ]
>
> I have just installed q4os-3.14-x64-tde.r4.iso as an upgrade to an existing
> laptop. The installation (admin user) account has been estabished OK. When I
> try to log into a proper user account (tied to my old work account)
> tdestartupconfig complains and goes tits-up. I have never had this problem
> before with earlier versions of TDE (2.4 and 3.6). Please can you give me a
> clue as to the responsible "package" so that I can report the issue.
>
> The offending user originally came from a SunOS system; the user account
> (jmdh:cism 2100:221) set up in 1992! In those days, user groups were in the
> range 200-64000 and user numbers were very seldom the same as their group
> numbers.

q4os appears to be a Debian derivative, so presumably they would
know better than we as to what is going on. I can't find a
mailing list, but I do see a forum at
https://www.q4os.org/forum/

I'm going to guess that they will want a better explanation of
the symptoms than "tdestartupconfig complains and goes tits-up".

-dsr-