Re: akonadiserver is using high cpu load

On Tue, Apr 13 2021 at 01:22:59 PM, Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> after an update 3 days ago I discovered an issue with akonadiserver.
>
> Problem: The Akonadiserver is using full cpu load (95 %).
>
> Solution tries:
>
> 1. stopped the single process "akonadiserver". After kmail fetched new mails,
> the akonadiserver process appeared again with same high load.
>
> 2. I stopped akonadi with "akonadictl stop" then restarted with "akonadictl
> start", same result.
>
> 3. I stopped every akonadi process, and also mysql process. Then restarted all
> with akonadictl start, same results, again high load.
>
> Strange, that I have nothing changed. And before I remove all configuration
> files, I want to make sure, that there is no bug at the moment in akonadi (and
> its dependencies).
>
> It would be nice, if soemone could confirm oder deny this.

I use korganizer and kontacts, but not kmail.  I don't see excessive CPU
load.  I'm using stable, though; there hasn't been a recent update to
KDE/plasma.  Perhaps you can create a new user and test with that before
blowing away all of your configuration.  There is some logging you can
enable in akonadiconsole that might help identify problems.

--
regards,
kushal