Re: going beyond a ch341 uart-usb convertor

Hi,
Have you tried uploading the firmware to the board again?

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021, 05:55 Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
Greetings all;

Building a design/builder for a 3d printer, which when a std usb to
printer cable is connected between the computer and the 3d printer,
Identifies as a ch341 convertor cable once it is plugged into the
printer.

conman seems helpless, as does cutecom.

cura has a monitor that can drive an ender 3 over this same cable but
I've not been able to establish a connection to cura, for whatever
reason.

Perhaps conman or cutecom is not the correct way to do it. IDK, and the
docs for this printer are as non-existant as the chinese company that
made it. Its labeled as a NEWEREAL M-18-S, and is nearly twice as big as
an ender 3. Work envelope is 310x310x400mm, and is the same bed-slinger
style as an ender 3.

What would the next thing to try and discover why its not working?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis