Re: upgrading firefox-esr from 78.6 to 78.9 results in non-working firefox

On Saturday, 10 Apr 2021 at 10:05, David Christensen wrote:
> When I want to upgrade, re-install, or install packages, I start with
> 'apt-get update'.

Yes, did that.

> I would have done 'apt-get upgrade ...' instead of 'apt install
> ...'.  I then reboot.

Not sure if you are saying to upgrade all packages or to use 'upgrade
firefox-esr'?  If the former, I did not want to do that.  Although I use
Debian testing, I treat it with respect and only upgrade when I really
need something that has changed (or for security reasons).

> If I want to re-install a package for whatever reason, I do 'apt-get
> remove ...' or 'apt-get purge ...'.  If I'm suspicious, I
> reboot.  Then I do 'apt-get install ...' and reboot.

Yes, I guess I could be extreme and try this if everything else
fails.  Thank you.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50 & org 9.4.4 on Debian bullseye/sid