Re: upgrading firefox-esr from 78.6 to 78.9 results in non-working firefox

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 10:05:23AM -0700, David Christensen wrote:
> I have not figured out the difference between apt(8) and apt-get(8).  It
> looks like the former uses the latter as a back-end (?).

Not quite.  They both use the same libraries to do the actual work, but
one does not actually execute the other.  The libraries are the "back-end",
and the programs are just interfaces for setting parameters and displaying
output.

> I use apt-get(8).

Me too.  The colors that apt uses are incompatible with a white background,
and I use terminals with a white background.  Also, I don't like having
the .deb files deleted from /var/cache/apt/archives/ automatically.