Re: ubuntu/snap future

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 20:48:01 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Vi, 09 apr 21, 08:02:46, Celejar wrote:
> >
> > What about cases where the software simply isn't in Debian at all?
> > Recently, I've used IntelliJ IDEA and Android Studio, and I'd like to
> > set up an OwnCloud server when I get a chance. These, and many other
> > complex / fast-changing applications aren't in Debian, but are
> > available in containerized app formats.
>
> https://fasttrack.debian.net/
>
> (it's still an experiment, hence the .net TLD)
Interesting, thanks!

"the package has to be in unstable"

Have the packages I'm interested in not been in unstable because
potential maintainers knew they couldn't make it into stable (and now
that there's fasttrack, they'll get into unstable), or is there some
other reason they can't be in unstable (and hence can't make it to
fasttrack either)?

Celejar