Re: ubuntu/snap future

Hello everybody out there!

On 2021/04/09 at 09:21 am, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Can you pose one concrete use case where it is unavoidable?

	I have found some bugs in Musescore that are corrected on a higher
version than the one available in stable.

	I need some functionalities available in Ardour 6, which is not
available in stable.

> For example: would a more broad availability of backports reduce
> the need for snaps, flats or how they may be called?

	If those two where available in backports, I definitively would use
these versions.

	Now, I need Discord and the only version which works after an update is
the one available as a snap.

	I have also been asked to use Microsoft Teams. Well, this one never
really works, either as a deb, a snap or a flatpak…

	Concerning the few proprietary softwares I use, I think I rather use
something like snap or flatpak—I have no preferences, save the fact I
rather have the possibility to set up y own server.

	Now, I have develop a few small applications who do not have much users
and are not in the position to integrate the distribution. For the few
users of these programs, it is way easier for them that I give an
Appimage or a Flatpak.

	Best regards.

--
Yoann LE BARS