Re: Using a remote computer and VGA

Richmond wrote:
> Is it possible to use a local computer (L) to: ssh -Y to a remote
> computer (R), run a web browser on R which will then display on
> L, choose what to watch on Netflix, and then having started it, move the
> displayed browser window back to the X window on R, and then move
> it across to the television attached to the VGA port on R?

Probably not, and the issue is Netflix. The Netflix DRM talks
directly to the hardware.

My guess is that you would bring over a browser window with a
big black window in it.

You could try this with VNC; I think it would have the same
problem, but I don't know for certain.

What is the actual underlying problem you're trying to solve?

-dsr-