Re: MATE/Compiz

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:36 PM IL Ka <kazakevichilya@gmail.com> wrote:

But how do I automate that so Compiz starts every time I log in?

Hi. I am not familiar with compiz, but here are some ideas.

If you install MATE Tweak (it will appear in the Control Center), there's an option under "Windows" to select the window manager (select "Compiz..."). You can also install fusion-icon to get this choice. Fusion-icon appears as "Compiz Fusion Icon" under Accessories in the main menu, and shows an icon in the upper-right app tray).

If you want to take it a step further and use the Emerald window decorator (install emerald, emerald-themes), choose "Select Window Decorator" in fusion-icon.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)