Re: Installing Debian from a hard disk with Windows to a USB stick

On Jo, 25 mar 21, 21:11:33, Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z wrote:

> I'm trying to install Debian 10.8 on a USB stick, and it is not Debian Live,
> from a hard disk that has Windows 7 installed.  Since I don't have
> any CD or DVD, and I need the USB stick to install Debian on it,
> I can't use the USB stick to put the ISO image on it.

Why not?

Hint: the mini.iso does support installing to the same storage device
used to start the installer. It also needs internet access for basically
everything, so you might need a way to pass firmware to the installer in
case the firmware can't be on the same device.

Hope this helps,
Andrei