Re: How I scan, was Re: xsane can't see Brother ADS-2700W scanner

On Wed 31 Mar 2021 at 17:05:57 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

[...]

> The option I favor is that the scan is controlled by your own computer,
> but you can trigger new scans by hitting buttons on the scanner
> (i.e. the button-presses get sent to your computer who then decides
> what action to take in response to them), so that you can comfortably
> setup the scan parameters on your computer and then you can comfortably
> scan the various documents without having to go back to your computer
> between them.
>
> Sadly, I haven't figured out how to do that yet :-(

There appear to be three aspects to solving this problem:

  1. SANE detecting when a scanner button is pressed.
  2. A button press being captured and known to the system.
  3. Activation of a script.

I can see 3 being solvable but how about 1 and 2?

--
Brian.