Re: Converting markdown to PDF

On Thu, 2021-04-01 at 16:34 -0400, Paul M Foster wrote:
> I'm trying to use pandoc to convert markdown files to PDF. But when I
> try,
> pandoc dumps out with an error that it needs "pdflatex" or some other
> similar converter to do its job. No such "pdflatex" package exists in
> the
> Buster stable archives. I'm sure something does this, but I don't
> know what
> it is. Does anyone else know?

I just Google "debian pdflatex" and the top hit was Debian's search
page...

https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=pdflatex

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give an example of how the
search can be done from a commandline using Debian's packaging tools or
similar... :-)

--
Tixy