Follow up, was: Intermittent problem with integrated webcam / Thinkpad E130/ Stretch

On 04/01/2021 11:00, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Hi,

$ uname -a
Linux e130 4.9.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.246-2 (2020-12-17) x86_64 GNU/Linux

$ cat /etc/debian_version
9.13

$ inxi -M
Machine:
   Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 33588QG v: ThinkPad Edge E130

I have had a problem with having the integrated webcam to be recognized by various applications (cheese, Microsoft Teams [yes...], Zoom, etc). It does work sometimes and it doesn't at other times.

I have a usb flash drive with an old (2 years or so) Debian Testing image (Buster, which in the meantime is stable) running kernel 4.9.0-14 (same as the one I'm currently running now, but probably built on top of different libraries). I installed cheese and the webcam was recognized instantly. I played around with it for a bit and even shook the laptop, just to see if there was a problem with some internal cable and the camera was still working.

I don't know what to make of it. This rules out a possible hardware problem; but also a problem with that kernel series?

--
Ottavio Caruso