Re: FileZilla / ftp / GnuTLS error connecting to sites with Testing/Bullseye

On 2021-01-13 15:59, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
On 2021-01-12 22:53, Philip Wyett wrote:
On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 21:27 -0500, Gary Dale wrote:
I'm running Debian/Bullseye on an AMD64 machine.

I'm trying to update a site using FileZilla with the same
settings
I've
been using but cannot get a connection. I've tried this on
several
sites
with the same results. Here's the FileZilla dialogue of a session
connect attempt:

Command:    CWD /
Response:    250 OK. Current directory is /
Command:    PWD
Response:    257 "/" is your current location
Command:    TYPE I
Response:    200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command:    PASV
Response:    227 Entering Passive Mode (<ftp ip address>,141,8).
Command:    MLSD
Response:    150 Accepted data connection
Error:    GnuTLS error -15: An unexpected TLS packet was
received.
Error:    The data connection could not be established:
ECONNABORTED
-
Connection aborted
Response:    226 72 matches total
Error:    Failed to retrieve directory listing

at which point the connection seems to be severed by FileZilla.

When I try a command line ftp session, I also find that I cannot
do
an
"ls" after logging in.

However I can connect from my server which is running
Debian/Buster.
Something seems to be going wrong with GnuTLS once the connection
is
established on Bullseye. This is a new behaviour as it wasn't
doing
this
last week.
Hi Gary,

I can confirm this issue.

Please file a bug report against filezilla and it will be looked
into
by myself once 3.52.0.5 has transitioned into unstable (imminent).

Regards

Phil
I don't think it is just a FileZilla problem as it also seems to
crop
up with the command-line ftp program.
You might also try lftp. But since it seems to be a TLS problem the
result might be the same.
Does TLS work when you download mail with your mail-client?

Kind regards
Eike
--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE
I already did the ftp command, as noted in the initial e-mail.

Sorry, old eyes and a 4k monitor. I installed lftp and got the same problem I had with ftp. I can log in then when I try to "ls", I get an "unexpected TLS packet was received" error.