Re: Disk errors ...

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 18:14:16 -0500
Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:

> And I've had a heck of a lot of hard drives connected with red SATA
> cables without issues, to the point that I'm more than confident to
> not jump on SATA cable color as the answer to any question as well as
> being reasonably confident that people pursuing this are going to end
> up interpreting coincidences as strong correlations.
>
> A more likely source of problems is the fact that the SATA connector
> is actually spec'd for a really low number of cycles.

I have a few SATA cables, mostly red, most of them Alchemy "Premium
Modding Series", 30 cm SATA3. And all of the Alchemy cables have locks.
I have had no problems. I recently inspected some cables, and found no
visible evidence of corrosion. I have not had any problems with any
SATA installations.

Could those of you with SATA cables, please indicate whether they were
problematic or not, and locking or not?

Thank you.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?