Re: Anyone using a Displayport to VGA adapter?

On Wednesday, January 13, 2021 05:36:13 PM Michael Stone wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 12:50:38PM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> >Is anyone on here using a Displayport to VGA adapter?  If so:
> >   * How's it working?
> >   * Does it handle at least 1920x1080 resolution?
> >
> >If anybody has used both a Displayport to VGA adapter ands a USB-3.1 to
> >VGA adapter, do you have an opinion as to which does better?
>
> What is the use case for this?

After failing to find a laptop to meet my needs, I'm now looking for a mini-PC
to almost meet my needs.  It has to be small due to space constraints, e.g.,
something like 7x7x2 and it needs to have a VGA output because I'm going to
run it through my existing VGA KVM switch.

Several of the ones I've found that look promising do not have a VGA port but,
in many cases only one (or two) DisplayPort(s).

(Some more on the mini-PC: I want an AMD processor, with at least two cores,
and at least something like 2.2 GHz., space for 16 GB RAM, although I might
start with 8, Ethernet port, audio output.  The mouse and keyboard connection
from the KVM is USB, but I do have USB to PS2 converters if I need them.
Generic on-board graphics is fine, I don't play games.  The main use will be to
run Buster to run the version of G++ so I have access to C++17 to develop a
lexer for Scintilla.  I may eventually migrate from my Wheezy system to this
as my daily driver.)