Re: Anyone using a Displayport to VGA adapter?

On 2021-01-13 09:50, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
Is anyone on here using a Displayport to VGA adapter?

I have two Star Tech DP2VGA2.

If so:

    * How's it working?

I have not experienced any issues with them.

    * Does it handle at least 1920x1080 resolution?

Yes.; that is the maximum resolution for this model.

If anybody has used both a Displayport to VGA adapter ands a USB-3.1 to VGA
adapter, do you have an opinion as to which does better?

I might consider "officially supported" NVIDIA, ATI, etc., chips and/or USB, Thunderbolt, etc., cables for Windows or macOS. But for Linux and FreeBSD, I have had the best luck over the past 20+ years with Intel integrated graphics and VGA, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, and/or DP connectors on the motherboard/ laptop.

David