Re: Anyone using a Displayport to VGA adapter?

rhkramer@gmail.com writes:

Is anyone on here using a Displayport to VGA adapter?  If so:

   * How's it working?

I have been using a DP (GPU) to VGA (screen) adapter for years with various screens and graphics cards. It works out of the box no issues whatsoever.

   * Does it handle at least 1920x1080 resolution?

Honestly, I do not know. I know that it can run at 1920x1080 but the image has been (slightly) distorted. HOWEVER, that is most likely not the adapter's fault but rather the KVM switche's, because other PCs GPUs that are attached directly to VGA also show this distortion.

I also remember that VGA image quality can actually depend on the GPU and cable quality: I do not always get a sharp image with laptops directly attached to 1920x1080 monitors through VGA...

If anybody has used both a Displayport to VGA adapter ands a USB-3.1 to VGA
adapter, do you have an opinion as to which does better?

Note that modern USB-C type adapters could be DP adapters in disguise because some USB-C connectors also offer DP signals upon request.

HTH
Linux-Fan

öö