Re: dpkg SquirrelMail on Jessie

hobie of RMN <hobie@rumormillnews.com> wrote:

> Restating:  I've installed the *.deb of Squirrelmail 1.4.23 SVN but don['t
> see where to direct the browser in order to engage with it. Anyone
> know...?

The package should contain a configuration making it available via
http(s)://server.name/squirrelmail

But how and if this works depends solely on your local server
configuration. Look into /etc/squirrelmail/apache.conf and where and how
this is included into /etc/apache2 on your system.

Other than that, without knowing your local setup, no more help can
really be given.

Please make sure to have version 1.4.23~svn20120406-2+deb8u4 installed,
which was the last security update available.

But, I must stress again: This version still has known security errors
and if you intent to open this version on Jessie to the internet, the
chances are very high your system will get hacked and compromised.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.