Re: apt-key deprecated

Op 12-01-2021 om 07:47 schreef Erwan David:
Hello,
to install signal desktop client, I followed their instructions, which
is to add their repository and, obviously their Kry.

However, I got a warning
Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d
instead (see apt-key(8)).

But how to do this ?

man apt-key says :
Note: Instead of using this command a keyring should be placed directly
in the /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/ directory with a descriptive name and
either "gpg" or "asc" as file extension.

So the question is how can I get a keyring file from the key file I
downloaded ?

If that's the keys.asc file that starts with

then that *is* the (ascii armoured) keyring file.

You can put that in /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/

Regards,
Frank