Re: How i do upgrade my operating system to Debian ???buster????

On Mon 11 Jan 2021 at 09:13:53 (-0600), David Wright wrote:
> On Mon 11 Jan 2021 at 01:34:41 (-0600), William Torrez Corea wrote:
> > cat /etc/debian_version
> > 10.7
>
> So that looks as if you're running buster at the latest point-release,
> with the exception of any packages that are being held back, like
> presumably the kernel.

Ah, I forgot to insert one thing before I sent this off.

I always install linux-image-amd64, whose dependencies are modified
as each new image is released. If you ever install a specific version,
like say linux-image-4.19.0-11-amd64 in your case, you might never
become aware that a new version has been released, because apt sees
the new linux-image package as just any old random package that's been
added to the distribution, like gnomebasher, say.

So make sure that linux-image-amd64 is installed, and marked 'manual',
and that any more specific versions are not manual, but automatic.
(That is, if you don't have your own reasons against doing that.)

Cheers,
David.