Re: potus@lists.debian.org

W dniu sob, 09.01.2021 o godzinie 14∶56 -0600, użytkownik John Hasler
napisał:
> Marek writes:
> > For example I have my own domain and I can switch email provider,
> > so I
> > could switch provider of social network server.
>
> > In fact as URL is not only email aware you could also use for
> > example
> > phone as identifier of your account and provide resolving of phone
> > number to social network server.
DNS is decentralized. And if you have email address in domain you
control you can switch server. That is case for email.

That can be case for identity. Simplest you can create domain
people.<yourdomain> DNS record to point to identity server of your
choice.

Then you can create there account and authorize with login e.g.
marek.mosiewicz@people.jotel.com.pl  at external server you have not
control (DNS entry will point to external server and identity server
treats login just as string and do not have problem with many domains
logins database)

I believe that Jabber have already option to put record for jabber
server for your domain.
That could be that to avoid creating special subdomain for identity,
there could be specific record type in dns for identity server.